Friday, January 14, 2011


One of the last rides in Sicily. It was absolutely fabulous. This is the Bar that we all know very well. A perfect 11-mile stop for an amazing Raviolo or Granita while deciding to do Geep Hill, Muglia, Paterno, or even so far as Agira/Ragulbuto... or just simply to head back home. Now that I am stateside... I am very sad to be forced on to bike paths in order to insure I survive. I tell everyone that riding on a bike path is like running on a treadmill. I don't want to say that we were spoiled in the four years living in Sicily and being able to ride whenever and where ever we want... but in a way I guess so. Mt. Enta and all the towns and all the provinces offered Tres and I the most spectacular ride of our life. Sicily... we will miss you. I gave you my heart and soul, ride after ride. I told you things that I told nobody. And at the end of the rides you whooped my butt but I always walked away with a smile. Now I am stateside and I finally feel my nerves tightening back up and the pace of life here is way too fast. You were good to me Sicily.... one day we shall meet again. - Jan 2011
Posted by Picasa

No comments: